Saturday, March 19, 2011

Day #11: Pre-Marathon-ing!!!

                Today was the last day of training for my marathon! We had a nice, little one mile run…it’s weird to think that a mile seems like nothing after weeks and weeks of training. We went back to the race expo to harvest more free stuff (which was almost better the second time around) and to an inspirational dinner for Team in Training, the group I am running with that raises money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. It was very moving to see all of the cancer survivors and fighters, some of whom are running tomorrow also. I am so pumped for my first marathon! I would like to thank my mom and Jessica and everyone from Team in Training for getting me so excited and ready for this race. Positive thing of the day: all of the insanely exciting pre-race events. I am all packed and ready to go. Next time I “think positively”, I will have run 26.2 miles!

http://pages.teamintraining.org/ga/Georgia11/ageorge

No comments:

Post a Comment