Here are some good things that I came up with about Mondays:
1) MOE’S MONDAYS! ($5 burritos at Moe’s in Tech Square)
2) I don’t have a lab on Mondays.
3) Monday is a rest day in the marathon training schedule.
4) It is the start of the countdown to the weekend.
Furthermore, on this particular Monday in question, it is the last one until spring break! So, once again, I feel cheated because it is so easy to think of so many positive things about today. Nevertheless, I had a particularly momentous milestone today: I finally understood a calculus 2 recitation! Over the course of this semester, I have realized how much I took for granted being able to follow what was going on in class for my 13 years of education prior to college. Teachers used to actually care if you understood the concept, and were always more than willing to help. I know now that we certainly never thanked them enough. If you get the chance anytime soon, take the time to thank a teacher for actually teaching. How I miss the days of when hard work, paying attention, and studying used to pay off! It is not a pleasant thought to know that you can learn more sitting on the internet and looking up YouTube videos about matrices than you can learn if you actually go to class and listen to some professor speak another language to a lecture hall of 300 people without a microphone. Because I am a creature of habit, I continue to go to class, with the inkling of hope that perhaps today, something would make sense. It is, generally, to no avail. But finally, on this 14th day of March, my diligence has paid off. I understood the entire review about linear transformation and isometries. I will consider this a victory for the minority that is white girls at Tech. It looks like Pi Day truly is a mathematical phenomenon.
No comments:
Post a Comment