Monday, March 14, 2011

Day #5: Warmer Weather

Having grown up in that famous Florida sunshine, I have been spoiled by beautiful weather year round, for the most part, for as long as I can remember. After surviving the “harsh” Georgia winter, I have a growing appreciation for the place I left behind. Today was the first admittedly nice day (by my standards) that we’ve seen since around October. The temperature broke 70, and it was sunny and breezy. It was so nice to be able to go to tug practice without bundling up. All over campus, frat houses played music, people ran and played “sand” volleyball, and leftover animes climbed on walls to take odd pictures which must have had some significance to them. It is amazing to see what a difference the weather can have on people’s attitudes. Though we are all bogged down with an ever increasing amount of work, everyone seemed to have a smile and a bounce in their step that wasn’t there two weeks ago. It was easy to think positive under such ideal conditions. Sunday marks the official start of spring, and the end of my first winter away from home. To that, all I have to say is thank goodness I stayed in the south.

No comments:

Post a Comment