Thursday, March 31, 2011

Day #23: Cosmic Powers

                I am technologically challenged, and I am not afraid to admit it! Murphy’s Law as applied to computers, for me at least, is on an entirely different order of magnitude than when it is applied to every other aspect of life. What normal people get done in an hour, I know I can count on taking three. Try as I might to save my work every five minutes, it’s pretty much a guarantee that it will be lost. Unless the document was supposed to stay unmodified, then it will naturally have saved. So it is of course to the great mirth of the universe that I find myself enrolled in an AutoCAD and Inventor modeling software course this semester.
                One of the major projects  for this particular course, ME/CEE 1770, is a team project, in which we have to model a specified number of parts to later be combined into a complete system. With team projects never having been my forte, there were already two strikes against this project. And since I have pulled all-nighters for the past three Wednesday nights (not counting yesterday), I have generally not been a fan of it.
                But today, miracle upon miracles, someone must have been looking out for me. We finally began to assemble (with bated breath) our team’s separate parts to create the house that we are supposed to be modeling, and lo and behold, they all fit. It is beyond the grasp of my knowledge to even begin to comprehend how this could have possibly happened, but I am certainly not complaining. My 1770 life just got a whole lot easier. Thursday afternoon has never looked so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment