Sunday, April 10, 2011

Day #32: Oozeball

                It seems like everyone likes to cram stuff in during the last month of school. This weekend, for instance, was the weekend of Tech Beautification Day, Lambda Chi’s Watermelon Bust, Delta Chi’s Reggae Weekend, and Skull House’s Oozeball tournament. I’ll give you three chances to guess which one I did…yes, the one involving the most dirt.
                “Oozeball” is like doubles volleyball, but played on a smaller court in a pit that is full of mud. I’ve been living large, with two weekends of playing in mud now. My team, “Scared Hitless”, made it to the semifinals in our bracket. Although we were more successful than our tug team, I was still slightly disappointed that we finished one game away from the third place game, the winner of which received a Wal-Mart gift card. I had barbecue for lunch at the tournament, which was quite enough of a condolence prize. All in all, it was a good afternoon. I’ll be looking forward to more creative fraternity philanthropies!

No comments:

Post a Comment